Khashoggi's body has not been recovered and Saudi authorities are conducting an official investigation amid reports that the body was dismembered and dissolved in acid.
The official said Turkey believes that two members of the team "came to Turkey for the sole objective of covering up evidence" before Turkish police were allowed to search the Saudi Consulate, where Khashoggi was killed on October 2 after he entered to collect a document he needed to marry his Turkish fiancee.
"We must reveal the identities of the puppet masters behind Khashoggi's killing", Erdogan said.
So far Turkey has found no trace of Mr Khashoggi's body in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and the surrounding areas.
Confirming a report in Turkey's pro-government Sabah newspaper, the official said the chemist and toxicologist were tasked with erasing evidence before Turkish investigators were given access to the Saudi consulate and consul's residence.
Abdulaziz Almoayyad, a Saudi human rights activist told Al Jazeera from Dublin that due to the worldwide outcry over Khashoggi's murder, Saudi Arabia is now treading more carefully.
Turkey has requested to be allowed to prosecute 18 suspects, including 15 alleged members of the team of killers, who are now detained in Saudi Arabia.
A Turkish official says two men were sent to erase evidence of journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder a week after he disappeared at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
Booz Allen Hamilton, the American contractor, is now training the Saudi Arabian Navy, which is carrying out an economic blockade in Yemen which has brought that country to the brink of what United Nations officials say could be the worst starvation in living memory.
The US, a major ally of the kingdom, was granted observer status especially for the hearing, having quit the 47-member forum in June accusing it of bias against Israel.
The US representative, Mark Cassayre, meanwhile said his country strongly condemned "this premeditated killing".
The kingdom's public prosecution said in April that it would pursue criminal cases against those that refused to settle.
But the delegation chief and head of the Saudi Human Rights Commission, Bandar Al Aiban, did touch on the case briefly, stressing at the end of the review that "our country is committed to carry out a fair investigation".
British Ambassador Julien Braithwaite told the council his country was "gravely concerned about the deteriorating human rights situation in Saudi Arabia", pointing to women's rights, mass arrests of rights defenders and extensive use of the death penalty.