Ronaldo left out of Portugal's Squad for Upcoming Matches Amid Rape Allegation

Suspended Juventus Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo watches the UEFA Champions League group H football match between Juventus and Young Boys from the tribune

Cristiano Ronaldo left out of Portugal squad for games vs. Poland and Scotland

Juventus's response is in sharp contrast to what appears to be that of EA Sports.

Cristiano Ronaldo has been left out of the Portuguese national team's upcoming matches after a former model accused him of rape.

Ms Mayorga, the 34-year-old former USA teacher, was inspired to speak out by the #MeToo movement, her lawyer said.

"When Cristiano Ronaldo completed the sexual assault of the plaintiff, he allowed her to leave the bedroom stating he was sorry, he was usually a gentleman", the lawsuit said. He is deeply imbedded with the sports brand, providing feedback to Nike's designers while giving mass exposure to Nike's "Mercurial" branded soccer shoes.

Pressure has continued to build on Cristiano Ronaldo from his sponsors, with Nike joining EA Sports in expressing its deep concern with the rape allegation facing the football star.

"We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation", a Nike spokesperson said to AFP.

Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo drives his vehicle as he leaves after completing a training session at the Juventus center in Turin, Italy, Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018.

Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo is not in the Portugal squad for this month's internationals against Poland and Scotland.

Mayorga has been interviewed by law enforcement twice in recent months and will cooperate further with the Las Vegas police department's reopening of its investigation into her case.

The complaint filed late last week seeks to declare the out-of-court settlement signed by Mayorga and Ronaldo's legal representatives in 2010 invalid.

Her lawyer said on Wednesday that Ms Mayorga wants to avoid the cameras because of her emotional state.

It said she accepted an invitation to join Ronaldo and others in his penthouse suite to "enjoy the view of the Las Vegas strip".

Mr Stovall said his client had suffered from major depression and considered suicide since the alleged assault nearly a decade ago. He then pulled her into a bedroom and raped her as she screamed "no, no, no", the lawsuit said. They declined to say whether the athlete was the subject of an investigation. At the time the report was taken, the victim did not provide detectives with the location of the incident or suspect description.

Another attorney, Leslie Stovall, said neither he, nor Mayorga, who has left the Las Vegas area to avoid attention, would play out the case on social media.

Manchester United set for UEFA sanctions after Valencia late show
Sarri: I want to win the Europa League