This plea deal will not affect McGregor's travel visa and he will not have a criminal record either. A potential superfight with Nurmagomedov would be a massive bout for the organization and one it can now freely make with McGregor cleared of further punishment. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge.
Prosecutors said the sentence will allow McGregor to "reflect on his conduct and give back to society".
Mr Attar said he could not comment on whether the UFC "will or won't" start internal disciplinary action against McGregor over the fracas, which left two fighters injured. He had already paid for the damage to the bus.
The UFC declined to comment Thursday on the outcome of McGregor's case.
There have been rumors that the fight could take place as early as October at UFC 229 or potentially at UFC 230 in NY a month later.
In 2017, Mcgregor went to fight in a highly anticipated boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. but ended up losing via 10th-round TKO.
McGregor even teased the fight a bit over social media, posting to Instagram that his "Russian compound is taking shape" while in the country attending the World Cup final.
McGregor and co-defendant Cian Cowley made a brief appearance at court in Brooklyn in June and remained free on bail until Thursday's hearing.
After that, a warrant was issued for McGregor's arrest, though he turned himself in to a police station shortly after the incident. A lightweight title fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov, who is 26-0 and holds the belt now, would be huge, in part because he was going after Nurmagomedov, who was on the bus that night in April.