China also told the US side that it would actively consider information provided by USA firms on Beijing's anti-dumping investigation on sorghum imported from the United States, the sources said.
On Wednesday, the Department of Defense banned sale of ZTE and Huawei - another Chinese phone company - devices on United States military bases, citing security threats.
Pentagon spokesman, Major Dave Eastburn, said, "Huawei and ZTE devices may pose an unacceptable risk to Department's personnel, information and mission". The two companies have insisted their electronics are not compromised and accused the USA government of blacklisting their products to give American manufacturers an unfair competitive advantage.
The order does not ban personnel from buying and using products from other locations, nor does it ban their use on bases.
Members of the military can still buy Huawei and ZTE phones elsewhere, if they so choose, but Eastburn warned them to "be mindful of the security risks", the report notes. Although The Pentagon also added that it is contemplating the option of sending out a military-wide advisory about the perceived dangers of Huawei and ZTE hardware. "We remain committed to openness and transparency in everything we do and want to be clear that no government has ever asked us compromise the security or integrity of any of our networks or devices".
There was some controversy in April when it was discovered that exchanges on American military bases in Germany were still selling Huawei and ZTE products despite concerns about their vulnerability to espionage or sabotage.
China's Ministry of Commerce said in a statement earlier on Friday that Chinese officials had made "solemn representations" over the ZTE case to the US delegation.