In a major blow to his Rio hopes, Narsingh Yadav has failed the second dope test which was conducted on July 5. "We are hopeful of an early decision but we will know only on Thursday", Singhania said.
Narsingh was selected for the Rio Olympics in controversial circumstances as two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar had demanded for trials to determine who should go to the games.
Narsingh arrived amidst tight security at the NADA office with the media kept away even as a handful of supporters shouted slogans. I can't comment on what happened in there but we have full faith in the panel. In the past few days, the nation saw Narsingh Yadav, Inderjeet Singh, and Sandeep Tulsi Yadav test positive for banned substances.
The latest development was not surprising though as methandienone if taken orally, remains in the body for 2 to 4 weeks.
But the 26-year-old's food supplements have reportedly been found to be clean in tests conducted after his allegations, dealing a further blow to his Rio hopes.
The earlier test on June 2 was carried out before that tour. There are possibilities that something might have gone wrong there. "United World Wrestling informed the Indian Olympic Association last week that since the positive test occurred outside of the qualification event they would be allowed replace Yadav with another wrestler, or else vacate the qualification spot", the United World Wrestling said in a statement. Narsingh's father, Pancham Yadav, echoed similar sentiments and said his son deserves to represent the country at Rio as he has been preparing for it for over four years. "We have sent Parveen's name to UWW in order to save the quota place", a Wrestling Federa-tion of India official told this paper showing support for the tainted wrester.
Yadav, who will appear before a National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) panel later on Wednesday, has lodged a police complaint against a junior wrestler accusing him of contaminating his food at the Sports Authority of India training centre in Sonepat.